wind control

hurt5150

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2013
Missouri
Last year was my first winter closing. I used a solid cover and the wind blew it up like Jiffy Pop popcorn all winter. I bought some pool clips and they blew off, then I purchased pool wrap thinking that would help keep the wind from getting under the cover and it did not help either. We are pondering stuffing rags between the uprights of the pool and then using wrap again but I thought I would poll the experts here and see what works for anyone else. Thanks in advance!

Putting a few inches of water on top of the cover also did not help as we are not below freezing all winter and when it wasn't frozen, the wind just blew the water to one side. This ended up with a big dip in the cover when it did freeze.

+1 for Hurricane covers. We have had problems with wind since we bought the house. We weighed the covers down with cinder blocks but when the water was liquid the cover still blew around and ripped out grommets in higher winds. We got the hurricane cover last year and it performed great even when there was less than an inch of water on top. The price is steeper but I expect it to last many more seasons than the last cover.

From myHTC One via Tapatalk

My hubby is planning on using a generic pool cover like we did last year and then wrapping it with the Saran Wrap type stuff all the way down to the ground and also stuffing rags around the posts to block the wind. I am a little leery of this but at least it won't be worse than last year. I was ready to try the hurricane cover but he isn't quite ready to make that investment. I think the rope grid would probably help too, will see what he thinks about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.