How to attach #8 bonding wire to IG steel pool wall panels

Does anyone have any pictures of what all I need to use to attach the bonding wire to the steel wall panels? I bought some of these and was planning to use them with the same self drilling/tapping screws used to attach coping to top of wall panels

783786371983lg.jpg

Will these work and if so, what kind of screws should I use?

They will work. I used some existing holes in the panels and a stainless steel bolt/lock washer/nut combo. Inspector was fine with it and he was a retired electrician with nothing better to do than bust my stones. He was very helpful though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As bdex suggested the bolt/washer/nut combination would be a very good approach. Sheet metal screws aren't as good at clamping things flat to get the very best contact between lug and steel. Since you've got different metals in contact with one another, which might corrode quickly in the presence of moisture, it wouldn't be a bad idea to cover both sides of the finished connections with an epoxy sealant. 3M 2135 is commonly used for underwater lighting ground connections and would work fine for this so long as you didn't have too many connections to do since it starts setting up pretty quickly.

I will claim ignorance on the diving board thing. But all of the ladder cups and what not had a screw right on them. If not then just securely and weathertight should satisfy an inspector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While those will work if your inspector is picky he could say they are not listed for that application. If that happens then ask him what he would do. As for the diving board I would call the local electrical supply house and ask for a ground wire pressure connector. Your diving board should have a bonding lug to attach the pressure connector. A large split bolt connector should work.

My bonding inspection passed.

Here is what I used to attach the #8 bare wire to my pool walls. I took my other lugs back. I drilled a hole and used stainless steel bolts and washers to attach to the steel panels of the pool walls.

783250561292lg.jpg

Here is what I used to tie the bonding wire to the diving board jig.

GRC58.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.