2 speed replacment motor recommendation

SamD

Dec 26, 2012
Double Oak, Texas
My single speed 2hp filter pump just died and I was just about to order a replacement motor, but I'm thinking about replacing it with a 2 speed.

I have a Jandy JMPU2.0 that uses an Emerson EB796 56J Frame single speed 1.5hp motor. Does anyone have a recomendation for a good 2 speed replacment for this motor? Just to be clear, I am planning to replace the motor only and not the entire pump.

I have a Jandy Aqualink RS with a One Touch control panel, so I realize I will need to also buy a 2 speed module as well.

By the way, does anyone know if the 2 speed module will work will all firmware levels on the Aqualink?

Sam

Your signature doesn't have a spa/water feature mentioned so why do you have/need a 2 HP pump? You might want to downsize the motor and impeller while you are at it.

Well, update your signature then :whip: ;)

This is exactly why we ask everyone to fill it out, so we do not have to ask these type of questions.

And while you are at it, add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Can you think of any reason this motor wouldn't be comparable with the Jandy Aqualink RS controller and their 2 speed module?

by the way, thanks for the seal kit replacement reminder. Do I order the seal kit for the pump or there there a seal kit for this new motor. I'm thinking that since the motor shafts should be the same, that the one for the pump should work???

I really appreciate your help.

Sam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can not think why any 2-speed motor would not work with the 2-speed module. There are no electronics in 2-speed motors, just 2 windings where only one is powered at a given time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.