Sharkline Matrix vs Saltwater 8000

Oct 5, 2010
Ohio
Hi, I need help as I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 24' AGP.

It seems to have come down to the Matrix or the Sharkline, both about the same price of approx. $1800 for just the pool + skimmer. I have pump and filter.

http://www.thepoolfactory.com/saltwater-8000-round.html

http://www.inyopools.com/Products/00100023060809.html

I have done loads of research and it seems that everyone loves their matrix but can find little about the 8000, not sure if it is a newer model.

I want to partially bury the pool (only 10"-12") and see that the 8000 is approved for burial. I also like the idea of the stainless steel service panel on the 8000 and the 60 year warranty (I can't imagine ever claiming on that but it does show a certain confidence level in the pool?)

I need to order soon to try and get installed while the weather still allows so hopefully someone will have time to respond with their experiences ASAP.

Also looking for a nice underfoot experience so seeking opinions on Happy Bottom, Gorilla pad, Armor Shield etc

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

I don't think you can bury the Sharkline Matrix as it will void the warranty. If your bent on burial, go with the 8000 if it covers it.

As far as happy bottom and what not... I've used it but it's not necessary unless you run into fill dirt with a lot of glass and stuff like that. I had fill and we also had glass and so I used it just in case, along with 2-3 inches of sand.

The liner pads aren't worth the money IMO. I don't have one and my bottom is fine. Kids are fine with it also. The gorilla pad is only used if you have roots, nut grass, rocks, glass, things of that nature that could puncture your liner. You'll get no comfort from it as it is very thin.
Another thing that is a waste of money IMO is wall foam insulation. The only thing it will do is increase the risk of puncture to your liner. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.