What to replace old Anthony (Anthotouch) subpanel?

Sep 14, 2014
nowhere, GA
We recently bought a house with a 36,000 gallon 15 yr old Anthony pool a few months ago. After the pool was replastered, the lights stopped working. When the pool man tried to test the GFCI plug attached to the side of the subpanel box, it tripped the breaker inside the box and it won't reset. I was told that the relay for the booster pump was not working. Our pool man says it's time to replace the panel. It cost $4,500 for the panel plus 8 hours of labor. We can't afford it now after the replastering. I can do almost everything including electrical and plumbing inside the house but I'm a new pool owner. Is there a more economical alternative.

I searched and found the Jandy is supposed to be a replacement for Anthotouch. Is that correct? It's seems Jandy is 1/2 price of the Pentair. There must be a reason. Please Help!

Are you saying you have an old automation system? Or just need a subpanel to supply power to the equipment?

A subpanel would only cost a few $100 and you can have mechinical timer for under $100. That is the most basic pool system.

To me it sounds like you just need a new breaker and then forego the automation until you can afford it.

Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to pool ownership, please forgive me if I don't have the terminologies right. The AnthoTouch is an automation system that controls my pool, spa, lights, air blower, heater for both, solar panels, & the booster pump for the sweep. The breaker for the lights seem to be the same one that supplies the low voltage current to the control panel. This breaker tripped and I don't know why I can't reset it. The GFIC outlet on the side of the panel won't reset either. I think it's related to the breaker but I 'm not sure.

I can try replacing the breaker and/or the GFIC outlet. However, I don't know if what brand of breaker I can use since there are no parts or support for Anthony Pool products.

I would be surprised if the breaker was unique and not like a normal house breaker. Pull it out and take it to the hardware store to find a match. Certainly worth the few dollars to try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.