Proper use of Aquacheck Salt test strip

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I just got my test strips and tested my water, but wanted to ask if I did it correctly. Do I leave the test strip in the inch of water until the white portion stops climbing? It says to wait 3-4 minutes and until the strip turns dark. At that point I was a 4.2 on scale, but waiting a couple minutes later I hit 5.4 and after that it never went higher.

I'm assuming that 5.4 is my number. I'm double checking because that means I have a salt level of 3140 but my AutoPilot is saying 2500 and wants me to add salt.

thanks,
Dave

There is a bar at the top of the strip that starts light, Wait for it to turn dark. the level in the strip will stop climbing way before it does.
Try cleaning your cell. You might find your salt readings agree better or it might mean your autopilot needs to have the salt level calibrated.

BTW, the actual number you read off the strip means nothing since each batch is individually calibrated and the same number might be a different salt level in a different batch. This is why you should only use the table on the bottle the strip came out of to get your salt reading. The salt reading is the only think that really matters.

Ah the bar on the top. OK that did turn dark so my reading is 5.4 which maps to 3140ppm for me.

I checked my cell and it is perfectly clean, not a lick of white on it. I was surprised as it has been two years now and I have very hard water in my pool. I guess all that testing and TA control really works!

I'll calibrate my Auto Pilot.

thanks,
dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.