duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
There were several times over the two years that it took, that I was overwhelmed building this large pool. The party going on right now makes it worth it. There's only 16 in there this year...last year was 28 girls and we had room for plenty more....very rewarding. (my daughter's the cute one that looks really smart, too! :lol: :lol: )

Attachments

• Sarah2ndpoolparty 002.jpg
    Sarah2ndpoolparty 002.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 2,275
Induce.....it's 43,000 gallons....filled it from my pond but that's another story.

Tarheel............ I didn't feel I had sufficient masonry skills to finish the walls and floor of the pool and do a good-looking job.
So, I made the walls of concrete block, skimmed with a smoothing type mortar, and put in the vinyl liner. I actually like the touch and feel of the vinyl but it was mostly my inability to do a nice marcite finish that held me back.

Similarly, that why it's rectangular. I have no skills/equipment to do gunite so I could not free form it like so many beautiful pools are done today. It made it look pretty much like an apartment complex pool but I had to go with what I was capable of.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I picked your daughter out right away :-D and Wow what a pool 8) The water looks nice and sparkely clear too :punkrock: Enjoy it but please don't forget to keep answering questions on the board :-D

Thanks for all those nice posts, folks.

When I can retrieve them from my old hard drive, I'll post up a few pictures of the basic construction over in "the coffee shop". It looks like a concrete block basement.......no kidding.....footing and all!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.