Cover For inground in ME mountains...

Jun 23, 2014
auburn, me
First year in house with a inground pool, had it relined this spring.

I am looking at cover options. With snow loads around here I assume solid covers are tough to use? 100+ inches with 3+feet normal in single storms.

Should I have a net cover or what? With the pool dropped below vent lines it will be ~12-18" drop into it.

First year in house with a inground pool, had it relined this spring.

I am looking at cover options. With snow loads around here I assume solid covers are tough to use? 100+ inches with 3+feet normal in single storms.

Should I have a net cover or what? With the pool dropped below vent lines it will be ~12-18" drop into it.

You would be better off with a Loop Loc Mesh cover. It can take snow load as long as the water/ ice surface is no more than 18" from pool deck/ surface. ( per loop loc instructions )

My pool is the same size and after 12 yrs on my old cover, I just bought another. $1500. Ouch!

They have to be order through a dealer. They have compression springs spaced around the pool that keeps it taught and will give under snow load.

Under snow load, the tarp will end up resting on the frozen pool surface. And then pop back up as the snow melts.

We have had over 3 feet on ours with drifting and no problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.