Getting over algae

Anu

Aug 13, 2008
Just got over green pool symdrome. Pool is clear, tested with tf 100.
here's my numbers.
Fc .5
cc 2
ta 210
ch 430
cya 25
ph 7.3

Any suggestion to get to normal?

15000 gal vinyl ig 3/4hp hayward, hayward sand filer. Solar heater 160 sqft

With a CC of 2 its an indication you still have something in the pool water unless you have an error in testing. If your sure about your test results I suggest shocking your pool for a few days and see how your FC holds overnight.
Also your TA needs to be lowered it should be in a range of 90-110.
For the amount of chlorine to use to shock your pool refer to this chart.

Hi Anu and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I agree w/Tiz that you need to shock your pool. You can go to Pool School (link in sub-heading at top of each page and also in my sig) and read the articles on "Defeating Algae" and "Shocking your Pool".

Also, shocking your pool to clear algae is a process...not an event. I've always liked chem geeks criteria.....

The process is complete when:
A. You hold FC loss to 1.0 or less overnite
B. Your CC's test .5 or less
C. Your water is sparkling

You can use Jason's Calculator (link in my sig, on Home Page & in Pool School) to determine correct dosing amounts.

Please go to the User Control Panel (top left under TFP Logo) select "Profile", then "Edit Signature". Add all your pool and equipment information. This will be a huge help to members who are trying to help you with your questions!

We're glad to have you!

ETA: Have you tested your fill water for TA & CH? They are both too high and will need to be adjusted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.