(Stupid?) Question on reading TA test

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
The last few times I've tested for TA, I put in the buffer drops and the drops that turn the sample green. I get to 6 drops of the reagent and after swirling the red disappears and we still have a green solution in the vial. On the 7th drop and the swirl, the green disappears ... But no red...we essentially have a clear solution in the vial. On the 8th drop of the reagent and swirl we then turn the full red.

So is my TA 70 or 80?

The last few times I've tested for TA, I put in the buffer drops and the drops that turn the sample green. I get to 6 drops of the reagent and after swirling the red disappears and we still have a green solution in the vial. On the 7th drop and the swirl, the green disappears ... But no red...we essentially have a clear solution in the vial. On the 8th drop of the reagent and swirl we then turn the full red.

So is my TA 70 or 80?
What happens at drop 9? If there is no change from 8, then 80. Keep putting drops in until there is no change and at that point disregard the last one you put in.

ALL the tests (FC, CC, TA, CH, salt*) are done until the last drop causes no further color change and that drop does not count.

*For the salt test, I think you are done at the first appearance of red and with another drop it goes brown. I am not 100% on this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.