Used Pool Build

Sep 24, 2014
Columbus Ohio
Hi All, I'm new to the forum, and came across TFP with some internet searching. I purchased my pool used and thought it was in good shape until I started to install it a few days ago. there are plastic "feet" on the bottom of the risers that act as a base plate to hold the rails in place. a few of them the bracket where the rails connect have broken off. I cannot find the make or model of the pool and have no idea where to purchase replacement "feet" I have visited multiple pool companies that are local and they all have told me that they can't do anything for me without the model of the pool. The bottom of the foot has 26989 champ on the bottom of it, but i was told that is just a color code.

Can I fabricate some metal brackets and bolt them on the bottom of the "feet" to hold th rail into place or is that not a good idea?

Also, the place where I'm installing the pool is pretty level and I put sand in it like I was instructed. I have let it rain on it and tamped it multiple times, the sand still takes foot prints as well as as runoff when steeping on the edges... How do I get the sand to stay put?

Thanks again! Sorry for all of the "noob" questions. I am installing it now because I am having a fence that is going to but up against it and the fence is scheduled for install on friday. I'm only planning on filling the pool maybe half way for this year and will completely fill it come spring.

I can't say for sure about the feet, but I would be inclined to fabricate them myself.

As to the "fill" sand, you really shouldn't erect the pool on any fill. You should dig the high areas down so the entire pool is sitting on virgin soil.

that's what I did, I had an escivator come out and level all the ground, and I had sand delivered and the escivator was still there and then leveled all the sand out for me. I thought that the sand was supposed to only go inside the pool, but my escivator said that it should go all around the pool... if I need to put the feet down on the dirt and scoop the sand inside the pool, then I can do that.... I was also thinking about getting some concrete pavers to place the risers on. As far as fabricating the brackets, how strong do they need to be? do I need to use 1/8 inch steel or can I use thinner steel or aluminum? I was thinking for the rails just bend it using a vice.

that's what I did, I had an escivator come out and level all the ground, and I had sand delivered and the escivator was still there and then leveled all the sand out for me. I thought that the sand was supposed to only go inside the pool, but my escivator said that it should go all around the pool... if I need to put the feet down on the dirt and scoop the sand inside the pool, then I can do that.... I was also thinking about getting some concrete pavers to place the risers on. As far as fabricating the brackets, how strong do they need to be? do I need to use 1/8 inch steel or can I use thinner steel or aluminum? I was thinking for the rails just bend it using a vice.
OK, my misunderstanding of the sand usage - I thought you were filling a low area.

I'll step out and wait for Casey or one of the other AGP experts to jump in.

Welcome to TFP !
Your right the sand should go on the inside of the pool. The liner will set on the sand.
I'm not sure about the base plate. You going to have to come up with something to hold the bottom rail in place. Does the riser, "post" fit ok in the base plate ?
You have to use pavers. The base plate sits on the pavers and they should be flush with your dirt so the bottom rail sit's on the dirt also.
Is this pool have resin parts or is it all steel ? Should be able to come up with something that'll work.?

Definitely use pavers under your plates.

Can you post a pic of the base plates? We can try to help identify the part. Post a pic of the pool wall too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.