Starting with Stenner

Jun 6, 2014
Cypress, Texas
I have ordered a Stenner pump to be used with my Pentair Easy Touch 8. I have used one of the open auxiliary positions to hook up a GFCI plug for the Stenner. I plan to program the Stenner to come on at various times during the day to disperse 12.5% chlorine. I chose the 22 gal per day as this is 58.66 oz per 1/2 hour. This way the pump will have a shorter run time say 15 min. several times during the day(I realize the exact time will have to be reached through demand analysis). Does anyone have an opinion on what are the best times to add? Is it best to spread it out over several additions or is there an advantage to one big dump and then letting the ppm ride down throughout the day? I can also set an egg timer in the easy touch and create a button in the features section of screen logic that would allow me to push the button and have a set time for an addition say for extra hot days or heavy bather loads (what would the ppm increase that is a standard for heavy bather load? Is anyone else using the easy touch to control add times for a Stenner pump and what has been your experience?

Thanks a lot,
RKnight

When I started, I had mine add chlorine twice a day, evening and morning, but ended up going with early evening only after a week or so. I find it easier to add one dose to get to your "high" target and let it drift down to your "low" target before adding more. I think evening is better in that you are at your highest chorine level the longest injecting at this time.

I don;t use automation. I just tied my Stenner to my pump time clock and have adjusted the flow to keep my chlorine as close to the middle of my range as possible. Less sun and cooler days have dropped my chlorine demand so I am dialing back the % to keep the FC from rising too fast.

My pump is usually running 1000 rpm when the stenner is injecting. The injection rate is .8 oz a min. so even at the lowest speed you should be ok. You will be putting in a little less than 2 oz a minute.

I have ordered a Stenner pump to be used with my Pentair Easy Touch 8. I have used one of the open auxiliary positions to hook up a GFCI plug for the Stenner. I plan to program the Stenner to come on at various times during the day to disperse 12.5% chlorine. I chose the 22 gal per day as this is 58.66 oz per 1/2 hour. This way the pump will have a shorter run time say 15 min. several times during the day(I realize the exact time will have to be reached through demand analysis). Does anyone have an opinion on what are the best times to add? Is it best to spread it out over several additions or is there an advantage to one big dump and then letting the ppm ride down throughout the day? I can also set an egg timer in the easy touch and create a button in the features section of screen logic that would allow me to push the button and have a set time for an addition say for extra hot days or heavy bather loads (what would the ppm increase that is a standard for heavy bather load? Is anyone else using the easy touch to control add times for a Stenner pump and what has been your experience?

Thanks a lot,
RKnight

Can ypu provide pump model #

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.