LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just read the sticky for closing AGP. So, do I really just put water up to shock level for 24 hours before completing the close. That's it??? Two people asked me if I bought a closing kit yet. I assume they mean chemicals. I followed the TFP Method and my pools been perfecto! My first summer as a pool owner was wonderful. I can't imagine what I've saved in money.

So now I want a successful close and clear water next Spring.

I'm in southeast pennsylvania and expecting another snowy winter, any pool cover recommendations would be welcome. Was thinking solid cover with pillow. :confused: We have a lot of rain, snow and wind where I'm at. Looking for low maintenance. Definitely taking the pump and filter indoors.

Yep it's really that easy. The whole key is closing when water temp is below 60. Then you want to open before water temp hits 60. When the water temp is below 60 and is going to stay below 60, bring your FC up to shock level for your CYA level and your done. Bring your pump and filter in. This spring I still had 4 ppm of FC when I opened.
My pool is covered now but still run pump for 1 hour a day. This is the cover I use.
http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Cover...overs/Ultimate-3000-Winter-Cover-33-ft-Round/

Reactions: synapsid
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.