Shocking in the rain

We had about 2 weeks of crazy rain which tripped the breaker on my pump. There was also so much rain that my salt level was too low to generate much chlorine, so I've got some algae problems. I was going to start shocking today but weather calls for another 3-5 days of rain. Should I begin to SLAM? Or brush it until the weather gets a little more stable? I don't want to waste money fighting the rain trying in vain to keep my Shock level correct.

CYA = 50

Rain should not have a very significant effect on the pool chemistry unless you are talking about many many inches of water falling from the sky. Rain is not an excuse to avoid maintaining your pool. The algae obviously does not stop growing just because of some rain ;)

One advantage of starting the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process now would be that you have less sun consuming the higher levels of FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.