CalSpa runs for 10-20sec then shutsoff - readout shows 000

May 13, 2013
Bentonville, AR
We've purchased a home that happened to have a non-operational hot tub. Last Fall I cleaned it out, filled it up, turned it on and it ran for 10-20 seconds then shutoff. The control panel screen flashes 000 when this happens. Then I have to flip the breaker Off/On to be able to start the tub again. Anyway, that's when I also noticed it's leaking so I put that project on the backburner until this year.

So it's Fall again and I just ordered Margil's Fix A Leak and it will be here by Friday. So I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know what the 000 error means and/or how to fix it?
2. Is there a way to bypass the 'brain' on the spa so I can keep the pump running longer than 10 seconds?

The equipment and hottub are in really really good condition. I think the previous owners only had it a couple of years before throwing in the towel when it sprung a leak (also: it was installed in concrete slab by genius's who apparently didn't think they'd ever need to access the underside of the shell ever).

Thanks for reading - I'm hoping I can save the tub otherwise the alternative is to tear it out piece by piece and fill the whole with concrete.

There is no "OOO" or "000" message on the CalSpa trouble list.

Generally there is no way to "bypass" the control boards for spas as if would be a safety hazard. The control board has built in safety measures to shut down the spa when things like no water flow or high temperature occur.

I would shoot CalSpas an e-mail and see if they respond

[email protected]

Good feedback - This morning I emailed CalSpa customer service a picture of the tub so they could identify which model I have and I can download the correct owners manual. I also mentioned the error code and shutoff problem. I'm waiting for their reply.
I guess I'll start troubleshooting the sensors and safety's.

I'll update this thread as i find out more.

I just purchased a used 2006 calspa and I was able to find the serial number on a metal plate bolted to exterior panels on the right side of of the heat pump/plumbing assembly. Here's a picture of what it looked like. I was able to find the exact model and series with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.