How to re-callibrate Compu Pool CPSC Series?

Well new to the forum so hi to all.
I too have a CPSC24 and unbeknown to me as I live in the UK for 11 months and my holiday house in Florida for 1 month my pool guy had detected no Chlorine despite adding lots of Salt...His take on it was put chlorine tabs in a tub once a week! Which kinda defeats the object of the saltwater pool dont you agree? The system is some 4 years old and when i cam out this year (sept 2014) i could see the cell was covered head to toe in calcium deposits and the water flow light was on despite there being adequate water flow. I decided that I would start a fresh..Cleaned the cell in acid till it was clean , added three bags of salt and took a water sample to my local pool shop...next day hey presto!! All seemed well with no lights!! I thought it was fixed but next day add salt light was on so back to the pool shop with a sample. They said salt was 2900ppm so add another bag which i did.. back up to the pool store for a full free water test. 3500ppm salt but no chlorine! Add a shock and press the superchlor which i did. today add salt light on again!!! Called compupool who said 4 years for that cell in Florida isnt going to happen, go outside and take a look at the compupool water temp dial..If it reads 69 ( which it did ) then the cell is dead and get a new one..Have just ordered a new cell at $300 so hopefully here in two days and I will install and see how it goes..lets hope it was the cell and not a board fault or re calibration fault! Any one re-assure me please !!

If you were talking to compupool customer service and they said that the cell was bad, I am sure they are correct. Sounds like they walked you thru some sort of diagnostics to rule out the control box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.