Hazy Water

ssgumby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 17, 2012
Maryland
Curious what could cause this. First, it is not overly hazy, I can still see perfect to the bottom. Just does not have the clarity it has had all season.

Over the weekend the bottom was very dirty, I assume the dirt was on leaves that fell into the pool. I vacuumed and got it all up, pool looked much better but again the water is just not as sparkly as it has been all summer.

I dont have my water test levels with me, but I do know over the weekend FC = 9, CYA = ~60-70 and CC = .5 or less

Could it simply be dirt suspended in the water colum? Maybe dirt from the leaves that the filter simply won't pickup so it pushes it back into the pool?

It probably well could be dirt. I know mine is not a sparkly and I have been fishing leaves out more and more. I think I'm going to cover it when the bulk of the leaves drop then uncove fo rthe rest of the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.