Experience with Pebbletec or NaturaPearl in Maryland?

lovemypool

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 3, 2010
Fulton, MD
If anyone has experience with a Pebbletec or NaturaPearl installation in Maryland I would be interested in your feedback. We are looking to make a decision between several quotes from builders in the next week so we can get the work done this fall.

We had some builders come and take a look at the pool because this summer some cracks/crumbling was occurring on the coping bricks, and staining on the plaster that wouldn't brush off. All of the builders that have taken a look have told us we need to do a full resurfacing/new tile/new coping.

We're leaning toward a pebble aggregate finish since if we're going to spend $15-$20K we might as well get the best since we plan to be in this house a long time. But even within that there is a difference of several thousand dollars between Pebbletec and NaturaPearl.

From our research also sounds like Pebbletec is the most durable and the best due partly to the control that Pebbletec maintains with its installers (there is only one authorized installer of Pebbletec in Maryland, vs. anyone can install NaturaPearl). We have a quote from Anthony Sylvan Pools who uses NaturaPearl, and another company that offers Pebbletec.

I would be interested in any experience/opinions on this topic.

As you have discovered, PebbleTec can not be installed by just anyone. It also sounds like you know who the approved installer is. If you go that route, I would recommend contracting with the installer directly and then you will not have to pay a middleman and may get a better deal. I personally got a better price when I got quoted from the actual installer than through the other pool companies who would have sub-contracted to them anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion. We are going to plan to get a quote from the company that is the Pebbletec approved installer (were not on our original list because they are located a little farther from us than the others we called first). We have also decided to push it off til spring since all of the PB's have told us wintering over in the current state would be fine, and we don't want to rush the decision. I was getting a little nervous about having enough time for the surface to cure before closing for the winter. So we will pay a little more in the spring but I won't be worried all winter about opening to a bad surprise.

Have you found an installer in Maryland? I am looking for one myself for pebble tec

If anyone has experience with a Pebbletec or NaturaPearl installation in Maryland I would be interested in your feedback. We are looking to make a decision between several quotes from builders in the next week so we can get the work done this fall.

We had some builders come and take a look at the pool because this summer some cracks/crumbling was occurring on the coping bricks, and staining on the plaster that wouldn't brush off. All of the builders that have taken a look have told us we need to do a full resurfacing/new tile/new coping.

We're leaning toward a pebble aggregate finish since if we're going to spend $15-$20K we might as well get the best since we plan to be in this house a long time. But even within that there is a difference of several thousand dollars between Pebbletec and NaturaPearl.

From our research also sounds like Pebbletec is the most durable and the best due partly to the control that Pebbletec maintains with its installers (there is only one authorized installer of Pebbletec in Maryland, vs. anyone can install NaturaPearl). We have a quote from Anthony Sylvan Pools who uses NaturaPearl, and another company that offers Pebbletec.

I would be interested in any experience/opinions on this topic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.