suggestion for pool deck

bunsen

Aug 23, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I just had my stamped concrete deck poured today, the "back" side of the pool is higher than the side of my existing interlock deck due to the grading of my yard. The back end is about a foot and a half above ground level. They poured the concrete today but the side where it slopes to ground level is just crushed stone, about a foot and a half long at about a 45 degree angle. Any suggestions on what to do to hide the crushed stone? i was thinking of putting some topsoil and rolls of sod. Any other suggestions?

I think it depends on how you want to use the area. Sure you can add the soil and do grass. Keeping in mind that you have to mow close to the pool. But that also makes the area wide open for play. Two other options are soil added but a little lower then fabric and stones or soil and landscaping with mulch. I'm a landscape guy so I'd vote for the latter. How you plan to use the area dictates a lot. I did landscaping with mulch on about 1500 SF around ours. But we do also have 4', 10', 12' and 15' of concrete deck before the mulch.

i just want to put something there that 1. wont be as ugly as the crushed stone 2. will keep the crushed stone in place. My pool builder suggested i put that black cloth stuff and then river rock, but im quite certain the river rock wont stay in place as the slope is too much. I dont want to level it out too much as behind that, about 5-6 feet is my fence so i cant bury the fence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.