I can't find the Capacitor

acg

Sep 19, 2014
Downey, CA
I am trying to find out where the Capacitor is for a Gould Century 1081 Pool Pump Duty would be?

I opened the back of it and found a very small looking item that may have been the capacitor but it was about .75 inches tall and about 1.25 wide. It had no markings on it.

Most of the pool pump capacitors online look to be about 2.5 inches x 1.25 wide.

Please let me know if you guys have any insight on this pool pump and if the capacitor is located elsewhere.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED
I made sure that the impeller moved freely
I opened the pump area and made sure it was free of debris
I hit the side of the motor with a hammer a few times and it starts. It starts a few times before it starts humming again.

I also opened my Spa-Temp power supply area and it had about 5-6 Schrack RM103006. They didn't look like capacitors. They were clear boxes with about 4 wires going to each. One of them had a tiny dark area that may have been burnt from the inside. Could that be the capacitor and should I replace that thing? They all said 6V on it.

Thank you guys for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.