Help with pool losing water

Sep 19, 2014
Maryland
Hi all,

First I hope this this the right sub forum for my question, if it's not, I'll move it somewhere else.

I drained my pool this August and repaint it. During the time of painting I didn't see any active cracks or leaks in my pool.

Then I put a newly bought hydrostatic valve (bought from Ebay) in the main drain instead of a solid valve cap.

After doing all this I decided it was too late to reopen the pool so I just filled the water to the half way and close the pool.

Today I opened the cover just to check out and find out I lost about more than a foot of water during the past month.

The pool was OK last year.

So I assume I did something wrong this year.

My question is:

What's the possibilities out there?

Is it because I turn some valves incorrectly? I didn't seal the main drain properly? The hydrostatic valve is faulty?

Basically I'm wondering what should I do to begin with?

I really appreciate your opinions, thank you!a

Depending on your ground water level, leaving the pool empty could be a problem. Although the valve should prevent issues. Why did you think you needed to install a hydrostatic valve?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.