DIY Inground now adding water what do i do next?

Jul 15, 2014
Wise, VA
Myself, hubby and close friend have managed to build our inground pool. We finally dropped the liner and have begun filling with water. We are installing the pump and filter this weekend and hope to have everything plumbed and ready to go. My question is what's next. I have read through the ABC's but I still don't know what to do next. Do I add chemicals or test then add? What is the best test kit to buy? Thanks in advance for trying to help!:brickwall:

Welcome to TFP. There are lots of folks here who will help you get your pool perfectly balanced and troublefree.

I will answer your last question first. We HIGHLY recommend the TF-100 test kit. It is designed for the residential pool owner who wants to carefully test and manage their water quality. It uses Taylor reagents and provides them in quantities proportional to what you will use, making it a better value than other kits. Adding the XL option will provide additional reagents which you may use rapidly initially while you get used to testing. I also highly recommend you add the SpeedStir option. That little device is worth it's weight in gold. It makes testing so much easier and more accurate. I didn't buy one the first year and when I ordered one with my kit refill the next year, I couldn't believe the difference.

You can find the TFP-100 here.

While waiting for your test kit to arrive:
1. Stay away from Pool Stores.
2. Spend your time reading and rereading Pool School (it's the button on the upper right of this page).

-Order test kit yesterday LOL

-Add bleach/chlorine and mix with broom as if there is none in water

-Once water is full add CYA for the size pool you have. There will be NONE so.......

-Test water when test kit and adjust as needed.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.