Calculate motor run time

You very likely could run less time, but each pool is different. I have a slightly bigger pool than you, and a smaller pump, and most of the time I get by with 6 hours a day, 3 in the morning, 3 in the late afternoon, all on low. That helps me skim off all the pollen. In June, when the cottonwood trees are giving off their cotton, 24 hours is not really enough time, but then I would have to empty the skimmer several times a day, so I keep with 6 hours and also do some manual skimming. From July onward, I could get by with 4 hours or less, all on low. If you have lots of plants that are shedding leaves and other stuff or a lot of dust blowing, you might need more.

fatboysam, with that pool size you shouldn't need more than about 4 hours. I run my 20 k pool for 1 hour on high speed and 3 hours on low speed.

I usually let mine run on low all day long to keep the water warm up and I try not to run it at night hoping that it will retain as much heat from the day as possible. But now that it is getting cool, I can run it as little as 2 hours on high each day. Just enough to circulate the chemicals and skim the ants off the top.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.