Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Holy Cow...Test Kits sold out again!!

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Holy Cow...Test Kits sold out again!!

I am so appreciative of the confidence ya'll have shown in this kit.....for the second time since making it available just three weeks ago, we are completely sold out. I am posting this info here because I'm not yet able to modify my site to get this info out.

All kits that were ordered as of yesterday were shipped yesterday. From today, I can ship no more kits.

I am hoping to track down a couple of items and have kits available again on Tuesday, but as of now it will be Friday, June 15th, before I can ship. (I've quadrupled my supplies order this time).

Thanks again for giving us and this kit your support. I believe this will be the last delay the rest of the Summer but, that said, I saw no way we would ever get sold out before.......your support of the Test Kit has just been great.

Thank You!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2
    Dave,

Congratulations on your success! Job well done. I personally recommend anybody looking for a great test kit to jump on board with Dave and the TFP 100 Test Kit. It is so easy to use.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3
    Wow! I guess it shows that there is a real need for the product. Probably pretty hard to anticipate sales. If everybody knew how good they were, you'd be swamped. You just don't realize how much better they are than the cheap kits until you have one in your hands. So much easier to know what's going on, and you don't have to ration your tests because of chemical quantities.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Bump
    Dave S. - Forum owner

5. Back To Top    #5
    Dave, I think it says a lot about you that you are so concerned about shipping within one day turn-a-round time.

I doubt anyone is going to mind waiting a few extra days to get such a worthwhile product.

Congrats on the suceess - It's well deserved!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6

I am definately interested in this kit once you have them available again.
    Andy
    15' X 4' Round AG
    BBB method and loving it!

7. Back To Top    #7
    I found this site from a post on poolforum.com and some of the guys over there recomended the kit since the guy over there isn't making them right now.

I think I ordered mine right before I signed up for the forum.

Thanks for the forum by the way.
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry
    Michael2113,

Hey! Welcome to the forum. LOts of great info and smart folks to dispense it.

I can't tell from your username which order was yours....but Thanks!. I'm still on schedule to ship all backordered kits on Friday. We'll keep everyone posted.
    Dave S. - Forum owner

9. Back To Top    #9

Dave,
    Is there somewhere we can buy more CYA testing solution? I seem to be using this up faster than anything else.

thanks,
    dave
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry
    HI, Dave,

I had hopes of being into refills by now but the test kit sales have really had us covered up (If that sounds like a complaint....somebody needs to kick me in the butt!! )

There is enough CYA reagent in the kit for nine complete tests. My thinking was that would cover just about anyone for a couple of years at least. I have assumed that testing 4 times per season was gracious plenty.

Now, if your using it to flavor the burgers, all bets are off!!

'Til I can get online refill ordering available, most pool stores stock the reagent.....the local Leslie's here has it in .75 and 2 oz containers.

As always, I am appreciative of the tremendous response ya'll have shown for the test kit. We'll keep working on making it better and shipping it faster.
    Dave S. - Forum owner

11. Back To Top    #11

I found some at my local pool store in a 8 ounce bottle, says CYA reagent. I assume that is what I would need?

thanks,
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry
    Yep, that should do it. To be safe we might let waterbear chime in here.....if what you found is not Taylor R-0013 there could be an issue but my gut feeling is they're all pretty much the same.

8 oz?? You ARE flavoring the burgers!!

Well, I suppose you can tell they're done when the black dot disappears

(Sheesh! rereading, that's not that funny.....I think it may be in my interests to spend less time on the forum and get a real job)
    Dave S. - Forum owner

13. Back To Top    #13

Yes it was pretty big. It was with all the reagents, but I don't remember a brand.

The bummer this is that for every test I do, I get actually do it 3 times, because my CYA is ~90ppm. The black dot goes away fast

I don't need any right now, but I will need it before anything else so I just looked at the store.

I really like the test kit.

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry
    I really like the test kit.
    Thank you!

Dave,

The bottom line on the CYA mixing bottle is 15 ml. Find some way to measure 7.5 ml and put it in the bottle. Make a new line at that point and then let that be your pool water line and the old bottom line then becomes the CYA reagent line.

You'll get twice the number of tests with your high CYA pool.

Again, I'd like for waterbear to give that idea the thumbs up before it's put into action.
    Dave S. - Forum owner