Austin, TX: beginning estimates. ADVICE !!

Sep 18, 2014
PFLUGERVILLE
Just made 3 appointments with inground pool builders. For those of you with knowledge of the Austin area pool builders, please guide me to the best that has a reputation of having reasonable costs; and guide me away from the worst !! I have looked on Angie's List but your personal experience would be greatly appreciated. FYI, I'm still deciding whether we should get gunite or fiberglass.

Just made 3 appointments with inground pool builders. For those of you with knowledge of the Austin area pool builders, please guide me to the best that has a reputation of having reasonable costs; and guide me away from the worst !! I have looked on Angie's List but your personal experience would be greatly appreciated. FYI, I'm still deciding whether we should get gunite or fiberglass.

Hi Hutch,

We went with Cody Pools after careful consideration. But they are on the high end as far as cost. In the end, it is such a big investment (especially in Austin) that we figured warranty and company size/longevity were some of the most important factors. And honestly, all of the bids we got were pretty comparable. In the end, we went way over our initial estimated budget so just make sure that you plan accordingly for everything up front and get ready to open your wallet!

Hi Hutch,

We went with Cody Pools after careful consideration. But they are on the high end as far as cost. In the end, it is such a big investment (especially in Austin) that we figured warranty and company size/longevity were some of the most important factors. And honestly, all of the bids we got were pretty comparable. In the end, we went way over our initial estimated budget so just make sure that you plan accordingly for everything up front and get ready to open your wallet!

Thanks,

I'll ask Cody to give us an estimate. Sounds like you are satisfied with their work. I appreciate your comments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.