New heatpump!

suzook

Apr 15, 2014
Stony Brook, NY
Installed my new Hayward heat pump last Saturday myself, was actually pretty simple. Took me about 4 hrs by myself. Pool went from 78 to 85 in 14 hrs! Who says heat pumps don't heat water quickly??? Really happy with my decision, and extended my season a few more weeks. I'm surprised at how quiet it is too.

Glad it is working out for you, a longer swim season is always good if you get those sudden warm days. Remember, heat pumps work better the warmer the ambient air temp is. BTW, my gas heater, in that same time frame, would have taken my pool from 78 to 106

Glad it is working out for you, a longer swim season is always good if you get those sudden warm days. Remember, heat pumps work better the warmer the ambient air temp is. BTW, my gas heater, in that same time frame, would have taken my pool from 78 to 106

Yea..I know gas is better...but its not an option for me. Didn't expect the HP to work so well though. It heated that in 65 degree weather.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.