New IG Pool Build in Mesa Arizona

Jul 28, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Well here we go on another exciting adventure!! :D

Here is the crude cartoon of the back yard layout provided by the PB.

The demo on the (mostly dead) lawn and boarder happened four weeks ago and awaited the permits from the city.

The permits are back from the city, the pool has been painted on the dirt (twice as the monsoon wiped it out the first time). The Project Manager has approved the layout and we will begin excavation in a couple of days. (Exhale)

We will be present for all work so I will post photos and comments as we move forward.

I do love the info on this site by the way.

Well - we are ready to watch the build! Hopefully the recent rains are moving away from your area and you get some good days for excavation and gunite work. I like how you pulled the decking from the patio and around the outside edge of your pool in the design - Karen

Lol,

The RV isn't the correct model however we are going to have a slab poured when the pool nears completion. We have an RV gate on the east side of the house and we'll be bringing Winni home from the storage lot when her parking space is ready.

The excavation crew (2 guys) showed up at 5:30 am. They were not contractors but worked for the pool builder "in house". They came with 2 dump trucks and 2 Bobcats (one excavator and one large bulldozer).

The dig progress quickly.

The raised spa caused the progress to slow down a bit.

The raised beams along the back wall. The water feature will be in the highest section.

The steps in the shallow end (three and a half).

The dig is almost done (with the heavy stuff anyway).

Finished with shovels and sweat.

The only thing I didn't get a shot of is the trench for the plumbing. I have lots of shots I didn't post so I'll go through them to see if I missed any good ones.

The Project Manager comes tomorrow to check the dig and plumbing starts Wednesday or Thursday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This morning our landscaping company dig and installed five of the trees we bought. They were here a 6:00am. After the holes were dug the crane showed up and lifted each tree over the side wall. Pretty slick.

And the plumbers just showed up and have stared to work. I will post photos after they are finished.

So yesterday the plumbers worked from 6am till after 5:15 when we had to leave. They got most of what was supposed to get done as the warehouse shorted them some parts. They are returning on Friday to finish the spa so they will add the missing parts then.

These photos are sort of in order.

Beginning of in floor cleaning system pipe layout.

Media filter and Intelliflo pump. I thought we had talked about the Intellipro but we got the former, in black.

More pipes and the Auto Water Leveler.

Pipe curved with a propane torch goes to the water feature.

Main pool floor done.

Now where does this thing go??? I have a few questions for the project manager on the plumbing. Note the black heat pump.

The Quik Skim Venturi skimmer.

Grand Central Station.

The shot I took of the flow meter turned out a little fuzzy but you get the idea. The 2.5" pipe flow rate is on the left and 2" on the right.

The rebar is being done this morning and I'll post photos of that after he's done (one guy). Electrician should be here tomorrow along with at least one plumber.

Yesterday the rebar was mostly installed. One guy did all of the work. He didn't quite finish so he is here again this morning finishing up. I will post photos of the heavy rebar that goes around the top. Oh, the electricians (3) are here also.

Main Drain. Note that none of the riser blocks were in place yesterday. He has done that this morning.

The spa light.

The rebar and electric was completed on Friday.

Intelli PH

Easy Touch panel opened up.

Main pool IntelliBright LED housing.

Now for the "after the rain" photos. We got by pretty lucky except we will probably fail our city inspection today. Our Project Manager said our pool looked to have the least damage of the pools he'd looked at today.

This is the worst of the wall washouts. PM had the rebar installer double the vertical pieces for more reinforcement. They will just fill with gunite when they shoot the shell.

The plumbers are here finishing their work. Check valves, therapy jets in spa and painting the above ground pipes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.