How to remove yellow staining above water line

May 13, 2013
Hi,

This is the second year of our doughboy above ground pool. This year some portions of the liner have turned or have a yellowing stain which is above the water line and seems to be where the sun hits it directly. It is not around the entire pool, and it is not below the water line, so I wouldn't think one of those stain removers that you add to your water would work. I don't want to use something harsh or that would mess up the liner design. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Getting ready to shut it down for the year, but I want to clean that off before doing so.
Good old fashion elbow grease did not work.

Thank you!

Cheryl

I too have a doughboy and a stain builds up like that with mine. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are a God send. Buy the bucket of them if you can find them. If not, buy a couple of them at least. Just hop in and go around the pool. It's actually fairly easy to get it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.