Auto Filler Location

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Hello, I'm am currently in the build process and the plumbers installed the auto filler right next to the pool (similar to a skimmer). I would prefer to have the auto filler back by my equipment and clear up more deck space.

As long as the filler is set at the same height, does it really matter how far it is from the pool? My pad is 40 feet from the pool.

Thanks for any help...

Last edited:
The auto fill should be next to the pool. It should be recessed in the deck. There should be an anti suction valve for it back at the pad. At the pool it should be something like this: http://www.suncitypool.com/pour_a_lid

No auto fill is perfect all of them tend to fill more when the pool is choppy. If you are asking if you could run a open line from the pool to a recessed well at the pad --- yes you could. But -- that could have reduced performance -- but it might not matter autofills are on 24-7 so things tend to even out. Its worth talking about. Ask your PB.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.