Pulling winter cover over air pillow

Jul 16, 2011
I'm getting ready to close my AG 33' round pool for the 5th year. The most frustrating thing about it is effectively getting the winter cover pulled over the air pillow. I tie the air pillow off with 3 lines to the pool was supports. Inevitably, either myself or wife end up in the water to help the cover over, which sucks. If we don't, then pulling the cover puts too much stress on the lines and they break. Do you have any tips to make this year less frustrating?

I Tie lines to both the pillow and the cover. I pull out the cover onto the pillow with the end folder back over itself. I use the pillow to pull the cover out to the middle of the pool. Then I pull the cover line until I get it close to the end and grab it. It's probably easier in an oval. You might want to pull the pillow past midway, then pull the cover off the pillow then recenter the pillow. This is where the pool store lines are good and strong and stand up to the conditions. I have been using the same lines since the first year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.