Sad news. Apollo Pools closed down!

Yes, I have ordered and picked up when in town. I order by email. Prices ok, but they think K2006 is only for commercial use. I didn't spring for it. I bought a k1000 and the CYA test stuff, and replacement reagents (sold two at a time for about 10 bucks). If you email them they will send a price list.

You have to have cash too if I recall. They are more of a wholesaler than a retailer, but are helpful and pleasant to deal with.

I got a big order from them two weeks ago, my order came in without hst being charged! I do know that a lot of pool stores in Canada called Lowry and tried to get him shut down, his retails were basically the same as pool store costs lol.

A great company to work with, I will miss them.

Lowry's monopoly shocks me and I am baffled how it has never been tackled in our courts.

I got a big order from them two weeks ago, my order came in without hst being charged! I do know that a lot of pool stores in Canada called Lowry and tried to get him shut down, his retails were basically the same as pool store costs lol.

A great company to work with, I will miss them.

Lowry's monopoly shocks me and I am baffled how it has never been tackled in our courts.
The courts can't do anything about the monopoly. It's a legal commercial agreement between Taylor and a national distributor. Taylor can choose whoever they like to distribute their Products in Canada.

It's distasteful and unfortunate but there is nothing illegal about it.

Other companies are free to enter the Canadian market with competing products not based on Taylor's chemicals.

The real issue is that there just aren't that many companies offering competing products in the US or other markets.

Not that anything will come from it, but I am in touch with Taylor exploring any opportunity for a chance to sell in t5he Canadian market.

My hopes are not high but I know it's an area where there is a need for our service and pricing and we could do a great job for Taylor (and ourselves) if the opportunity presents itself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not that anything will come from it, but I am in touch with Taylor exploring any opportunity for a chance to sell in t5he Canadian market.

My hopes are not high but I know it's an area where there is a need for our service and pricing and we could do a great job for Taylor (and ourselves) if the opportunity presents itself.

That would be awesome. Please let us know of the outcome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.