Aquapure Tri-flow Sensor Error

May 23, 2007
Michigan
I installed a new Aquapure cell about three years ago (New Style). A few weeks ago it stopped generating and the display had 172 and 186 error codes. I ordered a new sensor that came with the Tri-Sensor adapter board and then found out my set-up required a special cable due to a lack of clearance to install the board. After ordering and installing and calibrating the board I still get the "No Flow" message. The adapter cable is installed correctly with white wires on one side lined up. The "Flow" light on the board just keeps flashing. I didn't remove the jumper on the adapter board because my aquapure board version number is 11230A05. What should I try next ?

I did the calibration with good flow and the adapter board was light up. Last night I removed the jumper and everything started working, I didn't even do the calibration procedure. The adapter board "Flow" indicator was flashing and the flow indicator on the Aquapure is solid green. When I came back from work today everything is still working and the adapter board "Flow" indicator is still flashing. The instructions say only remove the jumper for board firmware revision 02110A10 and mine was 11230A05. Does this mean the fix is just temporary or have others removed the jumper on boards without rev 02110A10 with long term success? I purchased my system in 2007 if that makes any difference.

I have had good results with the new tri-sensors when installed with the adapter board. I'm not sure why yours is not working reliably. Yours should require the jumper. I have seen non 02110A10 revisions work without the jumper for a while and then have intermittent problems.

If your unit has further problems, I would suggest reinstalling the jumper to see if it will work. If it doesn't, then a call or email to Jandy/Zodiac might be helpful.

Same thing happened to me last year, and it took some troubleshooting to make it work. The directions supplied with the new sensor didn't work for me. I spent some time on Google and finally figured out how to make it work. I wish I knew about TFP back then....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.