Well, here we go

Aug 11, 2014
Taylor, Tx
Looks like we're about to start with our build! Just in time for 'no swimming' weather, HA!

We have a big pecan tree coming down as I type (breaks my heart to take it, but I'll plant 2 more somewhere else), and barring rain the dig should start on Wednesday or Thursday. Here is the design...will post up progress pictures as we go. Fun to look at and all.

Thank God for the rain...but it is putting us behind on the dig. Funny thing, I was uncharacteristically aggravated by this until my wife said: "Who cares, it's not like we're going to be losing swimming time" or something like that.

Bring on the rain!

Eweberdc, I really like the design and the water features, wish I would have done that. And, good call on the pecan tree. I have one I didn't take down - I love the canopy of shade it provides, but I could do without the ill-mannered squirrels who drop LOTS of their 1/2 eaten pecans in the pool!

Congratulations, can't wait to see pics of your build!

No construction to date, but it almost looks like we have a 'natural' pool with all this rain...

rain.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Eweberdc, I really like the design and the water features, wish I would have done that. And, good call on the pecan tree. I have one I didn't take down - I love the canopy of shade it provides, but I could do without the ill-mannered squirrels who drop LOTS of their 1/2 eaten pecans in the pool!

Congratulations, can't wait to see pics of your build!

Oh yeah, pecan trees are a huge mess! We had to rake and bag 35+ bags of leaves last year. I could only imagine that tree dumping into the pool...

This is probably obvious (but I know better than that by now) but the elevation of your pool is going to be critical. I'd want it up well above the water level you have in that picture. A foot up wouldn't be too much in my mind. And surely you'll want hydrostatic valves to keep your pool from floating during construction and later when empty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is probably obvious (but I know better than that by now) but the elevation of your pool is going to be critical. I'd want it up well above the water level you have in that picture. A foot up wouldn't be too much in my mind. And surely you'll want hydrostatic valves to keep your pool from floating during construction and later when empty.

Oh yeah, the pool will be built 12" + above the current yard level...at the level of our porch. The PB is well aware of our drainage situation and is helping us put in better drainage lanes and systems, as well as bringing in some dirt to contour the area immediately around the pool. I think we'll be okay.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.