The Pool Cleaner x4 suction float position

Hi. We just got a Poolvernugen x4 suction this afternoon and have been trying to get it to climb walls. I can't seem to adjust the floats to get it to do so. I've tried moving them farther and closer, splitting them up and removing one all together. Our pool is a 28k gal diving pool. The cleaner seems to go about 1-2 feet up most of the walls before the front falls away from the wall and it sinks to the bottom. Any tips on positions to try moving the floats to? We have it running at 13rpm currently. It moves from the deep end to the shallow end fine. Thank you

Just an FYI, it really doesn't do anything when it climbs the walls so there really isn't any benefit. The downside is that if it gets too high it will start sucking air. But the closer the float is to the cleaner head, the higher it will climb. But again, there really is no benefit that I can see.

There is no brush in ThePoolCleaner. It only has suction so you still need to brush the walls manually. Any dirt or algae stuck to the walls would not be affected by the cleaner. I have had my cleaner for 9 years and it will climb the walls but it still doesn't obviate the need to brush the walls.

There is no flat disk for ThePoolCleaner. It looks like this:

4wheeler.gif
2&4WheelSuctionPoolCleaner.jpg

thanks. I still plan to brush the walls like I currently do as I don't mind doing that, it was the manual vac I hated. It was terrible and can detached every 5 seconds. We succumbed to fact that the poolcleaner probably wouldn't go up the walls as we were testing it last night, but I told my bf I was ok with sweeping so we're going to keep it. Thanks again :)

I have a Pentair KreepyKrauli suction side cleaner and it will definitely climb walls. The bottom pad has rubber "fingers" on it to "scrap" the surface as it moves. That being said, I still brush weekly as well. There's just no substitute for good brushing.

Hi. We just got a Poolvernugen x4 suction this afternoon and have been trying to get it to climb walls. I can't seem to adjust the floats to get it to do so. I've tried moving them farther and closer, splitting them up and removing one all together. Our pool is a 28k gal diving pool. The cleaner seems to go about 1-2 feet up most of the walls before the front falls away from the wall and it sinks to the bottom. Any tips on positions to try moving the floats to? We have it running at 13rpm currently. It moves from the deep end to the shallow end fine. Thank you

What kind of pool surface do you have?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Its a plaster surface, just bought the house in March, thanks to TFP been running great. I have to say I love taking care of my own pool...really don't know more than that about the surface..I bought the MX 8 at first but returned it, just couldn't handle curved sections...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My 4-wheel won't climb the walls unless I run it at 14+ rpm, and it makes an awful noise when it breaches the surface! Also at 14+ rpm I have to direct so much suction flow to the cleaner I don't get enough flow thru the skimmer!

I found the best position for the floats was with the mid-point of the two floats at 6" from the top of the cleaner.

I think that just means that it won't climb the wall at 8 RPM. At 11-13 RPM the old version will climb walls but the newer version seems to have more trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.