Florida New Build - Pool, Spa, Fireplace

That's an awesome plan. Is there a reason you went with a gas heater instead of a heat pump? From what I understand, Florida is the best place for a heat pump.

Thanks, Zethacat. The heater is actually for the spa and - since we are already plumbing the fire feature - it was a no brainer for gas. We are running a loop to add a heater for the main pool in the future, but - for now - we think we'll be fine in the pool pool for three seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Kim. Given the night entertaining we do, we opted for the cartridge. I know it's a little more work, but the clarity is really a win.

Can't wait to see this one! Not too many builds on here in FL, and WITH screen enclosures. There are only two others FL pools on here been built in the past year w/ screen enclosures on this board that I am aware of. I'll see if I can post links to them. Both had mansard bronze color screen enclosures. What color aluminum are you going with, bronze or white?

I haven't found much on the subject myself, but what are the benefits to mansard style screen enclosures, as opposed to gabled? (asides aesthetics?) I've always wondered if the two had different wind load ratings? I'm partial to mansards myself.

Yeah for Florida build!
Hi I recently completed a build this past summer in the Tampa area. I went with mansard screen enclosure over gable, like the look better :) I also choose to go with super screen over pfifer much stronger with a 17x20 per inch pattern over standard 18x14 aside from a few tiny gnats no bugs lizards snakes or gators :)
If you have any questions please let me know...good luck here are a few pics of screen...having the screen created such a grand indoor outdoor living space....

And away we go with the build....

Grading and turf removal
7Wx0zdz.jpg

Forms set
BLQqW3N.jpg

Needless to say the small child was enthused!
9uXw3jk.jpg

6' depth
vVetrML.jpg

Excavation complete - from shallow end to deep/spa end - pumps running to prevent water intrusion
98Hvy6o.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wanted to know the same thing, the pool finish is awesome looking, maybe it's the camera angle but the water looks electric(are the lights on?).

We're picking out our finish soon, I'd love to know!

I'm not certain what finish Agd38 used at his pool. That blue LED makes it pop, for sure. His build is here and it may be listed.

For our build, we haven't picked a finish color for certain.

- - - Updated - - -

Its always amazing to watch the excavation work. I think that and gunite were my favorite (at least so far). Being a child and watching it is probably even more fun. - Karen

Our son definitely enjoyed it. We ended up with four of his neighborhood friends out on the back patio watching the excavation, as they all had the day off from school. I'm told it was "so, so cool, Dad." ;)

Hey, I'm going to try and tell this to as many people as possible. Firstly, make sure all of your water features are there before gunite. I made the mistake of not noticing a missing bubbler (nobody else noticed either) and ended up with 2 instead of 3. Also make sure the plumbers don't plumb the equipment all up on top of each other without any way for you to get in there and do what you gotta do. My plumbers initially plumbed everything so close together it was like playing twister just to see the control panel on the pump.

Hey, I'm going to try and tell this to as many people as possible. Firstly, make sure all of your water features are there before gunite. I made the mistake of not noticing a missing bubbler (nobody else noticed either) and ended up with 2 instead of 3. Also make sure the plumbers don't plumb the equipment all up on top of each other without any way for you to get in there and do what you gotta do. My plumbers initially plumbed everything so close together it was like playing twister just to see the control panel on the pump.

That is a great point, Zethacat, and very timely. Plumbing is going in tomorrow and I will review in detail with the PB before the shotcrete on Friday!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.