Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have, (had) a raypack 336a that was living on borrowed time. A polymer header started leaking recently at its junction to the metal heat exchanger. The Headers were fine but the bolts had rusted off. I thought I could replace the bolts, but the inside of the was so rusted that the heat exchanger was the only solid piece. A new heater 336a is on its way. I just wish raypak would use stainless on the interior parts.

Rather than jury rig PVC to keep the pumps running I took off both polymer headers, puled out the flow diverters, and bolted them together with their gaskets. I left in the thermometer, and pressure switch to keep the holes plugged. I plugged the relief valve with a pool stopper. twelve 1/4x20 x 1-1/4 bolts and 12 washers for $5.30. The old headers are now a quick and easy bypass until the new heater arrives and fits perfectly.

Hope this helps someone else. I will keep the old header construct for future heater repairs.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 40
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.