no power to pump

May 28, 2012
I have a Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance pump which is wired up to AUX1 on my control board and it pumps to a waterfall only. When I try to turn it on from either control panel there is no power to the pump. I've checked the crank drive manually and it has not seized.

When I swap the wiring in my control board for the second WhisperFlow High Performance pump (that is used for the spa jets) in AUX2 the waterfall pump still has no power, and my spa jet pump does work in AUX1. So I know it's not the control board.

I've read the issue could be the pump's capacitor however from I've read this is also associated with a low humming noise or burning smell when you turn it on. I have neither of these, just completely dead. - Could it still be the capacitor in this scenario?

thank you.

When you say the pump has no power, do you mean it isn't running OR do you mean that when testing voltage at the terminal block there is no voltage?

If the pump is not running when power is applied but you hear a hum in the motor, then it could be the capacitor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.