Help please! Need opinion fast!

Jul 2, 2014
Upstate NY
I closed my pool today and blew out the lines. I noticed that one of the plugs for the return was leaking slowly even after tightened, so I prepared another plug and unscrewed the plug and put another one in. Some water went in, and now I am not sure if I should redo everything. I already poured 2 gall of anti freeze in the lines. Please help with your opinion.

To be more exact some water went back into one of the returns but no antifreeZe came out. Do you think that some of that water in there will be fine?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want the lines to freeze but I am assuming some water is ok? Please help

About how much water do you think went in?

It was the screws on the ring around the return that were leaking for some reason and giving off bubbles, that would happen after I add the antifreeze. Wonder if there is some pressure equalization going on. I ended up re-blowing the returns and re-pouring the antifreeze and it was leaking again at the screws. Slight bubbling. Only thing that stopped it was applying small cutouts of pool patch on the screws. It's a weird thing and I will try to fix it in the spring when opening, or maybe leave the pool patch cutouts. Anyone have an idea why there were bubbles at the screws on the return jet after adding antifreeze? How do you fix it?

If only a bit of water got in and you already had antifreeze in the line, you should be fine. Theoretically, you should be able to add antifreeze and not even have to blow out the line, although I wouldn't recommend doing it that way. Any bubbles that you see indicate air pressure getting through. That happens every time I blow my skimmer line. I don't think any plug is a 100% seal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.