URGENt help in replacing SPX4000UNPAK1 union

I have to ask how did you do that? As to repair, it is probably easiest to cut the pipe, slip the connection screw down fitting over it and glue it back together with a standard PVC coupler. This would add about 1/4 inch maybe less to the length of the pipe, but it looks like you have enough play that it should not be a problem. All you need is PVC coupler, a hack saw (be sure to cut straight), a small can of PVC cleaner or primer, and a small can of cement (I suggest the blue type). Total cost about $15, that is $1 for the coupler, $6 for a combo pack of cleaner/glue, and about $8 for a cheap hack saw.

How much overlap did you have on the surfaces you glued? It almost looks to me (on your second video) as if the pieces aren't quite in a straight line -- maybe you didn't have enough overlap when you put in the coupler? As well as not noticing instructions about drying time...

As for what to do next, it might help to get a view from a bit further back of the plumbing. It's easy enough to splice if you have a nice clear length of pipe somewhere (and just replace all that munged-up stuff near the coupling), but you're not showing anything past that elbow. I'm not an expert on PVC work, though -- hopefully someone else may have an easier solution for you.

A drop per second doesn't strike me as a minor leak... granted, it's not a torrent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.