Buying Taylor Reagents in Phoenix

Aug 19, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone in the Phoenix area know where I can buy reagents for my Taylor K-2006?

I tried two pool stores, but no luck.

As an alternative, could I buy a new small test kit which uses the 0001 and 0002 reagents in lieu of the 0870 and 0871?

I'm about to partial drain and then SLAM and am lower than I realized on 0871. Am new to TFP but now realize I have a CYA problem.

TA 130
CH 460
pH 7.7
FC 11.5
CYA 160 (due to use of dichlor - without realizing I was also adding CYA!!)

+1 on fast ordering from TFTestkits. I just reordered the CL test XL yesterday. Hope to have it Monday.

The only place locally I have been able to find this in my area is a Leslie's. Get their item number from the website and call around. If the first store you call doesnt have it ask them to check inventory at a few others for you. You may get lucky, but you wont like the price.

Another recommendation for getting the XL kit from tftestkits -- I think I ordered on a Tuesday, received the shipment on Friday. It's a different size (larger) bottle for the liquid reagent than what comes in the K-2006, but it is very simple to refill the bottle in the K-2006 from the XL bottle if you want to -- just be sure to push down hard enough to completely reseat the little insert that releases the drops after you're done filling.

Checker Pool and Pump supply at 28th st and Indian school have Taylor refills. They're also one of the few stores in town where they guys actually know what they're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ordered Taylor products online through Amazon all of which were sourced by Amato Industries. They have a pool and spa chemical division and are based in the Washington DC area. Always received orders on the exact date promised and they have a very high supplier favorability rating. I even called them directly once to check on an order and they were very pleasant to deal with over the phone. You can purchase from them direct as well and they supply Taylor reagents in larger bottle sizes, like 1/4lbs bottles of the DPD powder.

Another option is to order direct from Taylor Industries website, but I believe that is the most expensive way to buy test kits and reagents. I'd only use Taylor directly if I needed one of their highly specialized test which the average pool owner almost never needs.

I've ordered Taylor products online through Amazon all of which were sourced by Amato Industries. They have a pool and spa chemical division and are based in the Washington DC area. Always received orders on the exact date promised and they have a very high supplier favorability rating. I even called them directly once to check on an order and they were very pleasant to deal with over the phone. You can purchase from them direct as well and they supply Taylor reagents in larger bottle sizes, like 1/4lbs bottles of the DPD powder.

Another option is to order direct from Taylor Industries website, but I believe that is the most expensive way to buy test kits and reagents. I'd only use Taylor directly if I needed one of their highly specialized test which the average pool owner almost never needs.

Ordering from Taylor is the slowest possible way to order reagent's that I know of. IMO, you cannot do better than to order from TFTestkits.

I'm not sure what pool owner would need a 1/4# bottle of DPD powder on hand, but I suppose some do even more testing than I.

Ordering from Taylor is the slowest possible way to order reagent's that I know of. IMO, you cannot do better than to order from TFTestkits.

I'm not sure what pool owner would need a 1/4# bottle of DPD powder on hand, but I suppose some do even more testing than I.

Yup. Just throwing out options to the OP. I order from/through Amazon because I can often get free shipping and I have always had great interactions with most of their suppliers. If a product isn't sourced directly from Amazon, then I find it can often help to call up the supplier first before ordering. Many times they are small to medium size businesses and you can often get a better price dealing directly with them.

Since these test reagents are not easily found in local stores, having multiple sources online is a good idea. I gave a shout out to Amato Industries because they were very nice to deal with and anyone local to the DC area would probably be able to get chemicals faster from them.

As for size, I like to keep a big bottle (8oz) of the titrating reagent on hand. For those of us that keep a pool running all year long, I think we use more test reagents than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.