Where to buy PVC 2 inch inside coupling?

wayner

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I am in the process of replacing a salt cell and the easiest way to do this is likely to cut the pipe and use inside couplings. But it appears that these couplers can be relatively hard to find.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy these - either locally (which for me is in Toronto) or online?

I assume you are talking about a fitting the slips inside the pipe? I think they are called pipe extenders. The problem with them is that you are adding a restriction to the flow by reducing the inside diameter and thus increasing head loss and lowering your flow rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you need to cut the pipe? Are you changing the brand of the SWG so that the cell will not fit?

Jandy/Zodiac has changed the size of the unions - I bought a new cell for my Aquapure 1400 and thought I had a 5 minute job on my hand. But no, you have to cut out the old unions and put new ones on. But I don't have enough excess room to use the normal outer couplings.

Using the inner couplings will reduce the diameter but from what one of the mods posted here that shouldn't be an issue since it is only for a few inches.

Haven't heard of that but I have seen another method of removing PVC by putting on some glue and lighting that on fire, then using needle nose pliers to grab and twist the old pipe out. A variation on this theme is to use a propane torch on the pipe for about 30 seconds. Those methods were discussed here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-connectors-collars-via-burning-glue-or-torch

But I have zero experience working with PVC so I am not too keen on starting with high degree of difficulty tasks. I may get somebody to do it for me, but he may not know where to get the couplings.

I know nothing about this stuff but it looks like they are somewhat different since you can slide a slip coupling to change the length. But the inside couplers that I am talking about are not adjustable - they have a ridge and you push the PVC pipe up against the ridge on either side.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone have any other ideas other than McMaster Carr for these types of parts. They won't ship to Canada except to businesses due to export regulations. You think I was trying to by a super top secret weapon rather than a hunk of plastic!

Well I was googling "inside connector". A few other sites show the item but many of them seem to be B2B (business to business) web sites rather than B2C (business to consumer) so it isn't always easy to find a suitable supplier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.