Baracuda G3 replacement hose

New pool owner still trying to figure out what I have.....

From what I can tell, I have a baracuda g3 automatic cleaner in my in-ground pool. I've noticed it is not really moving all that well. After inspecting the hose, there are a lot of cracks and holes in many of the sections. This causes most of the hose to float. Would this cause it to not move? I have a dedicated suction line and if I disconnect the hose there is plenty of pull there.

I have been looking up pool cleaner suction hoses online; are they all basically the same? Same size? (diameter) I am not sure yet how many sections I need to replace and I may replace all if the price isn't too bad. Any recommendations on where to purchase? A local pool store may have them but I am afraid of how much they will cost there compared to online.

Bringing this back up.

I have confirmed that I have a G3 cleaner. Per this post, I replaced the entire hose. I also replaced the diaphragm as it was torn, the foot pad as it was completely worn and the finned disk. So basically, outside of the body itself and the foot flange, I have replaced all pieces of the unit.

The unit moves much better than it did before but it still doesn't move as well as I think it should (but I have no real experience on this.) The hose floats for the most part (should it?) and there is very strong suction. There is a strong agitation and most of the time it will sit in one location for a while. I have tried numerous adjustments of my returns, the main drain is closed and I have been adjusting valves at the pump. All of which seem to help so I stop then notice 1 hour later it is stuck again.

The vibrating of the hose is what has me stuck. I have read in the manual that I found that this unit comes with hose weights. I do not have those. Think those would help? As I mentioned the hose is mostly floating but the unit itself does adhere to the pool surface.

Do you have any kind of "meter" that came with the cleaner to help you set the appropriate amount of suction to the cleaner?

I wonder if you have too much suction and that is causing the problem.

Do you have any kind of "meter" that came with the cleaner to help you set the appropriate amount of suction to the cleaner?

I wonder if you have too much suction and that is causing the problem.

No. The cleaner came with the house/pool and the previous owners didn't have it. I am close to buying one but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

I can adjust my valves to get rid of the agitation...but then the unit doesn't move at all lol. I can also put my hand on the bottom of the unit and start covering the end and if I get it just right it stops the agitation as well. So overall it does seem that suction is too high...but I cannot get it right to where it sucks and keeps moving.

I think there is supposed to be "agitation" or pulsing for that type of cleaner. I have no experience with that type of cleaner, so thought a good place to start would be to ensure you have the correct amount of suction.

My never-ending quest to figure this thing out...

Per my above posts, I have a G3 cleaner. I have replaced the hose, diaphragm, foot pad and finned disk. After not giving up, I finally have the thing moving very well. No problem going up the walls and across the pool even gets over the steps now. The areas that it hits, it cleans well. However, it basically patterns as a "C" facing the vacuum port. My pool is kidney shaped with the vacuum port in the middle on one side. The G3 basically goes up and down the walls on the other side then back and forth but never touches the side with the vacuum port. Too long of a hose? Returns?

The manual says to have the returns pointed down. I have them pointed to direct flow counter-clockwise.

Getting a bit tired of this thing lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.