to brush or not to brush

engrav

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 4, 2012
Whidbey Island, WA
So have been brushing "weekly". But is not really rewarding. Never see anything happen. And brushing vertical walls is not easy.

Will anything super bad happen if I skip this?

Now of course I never see anything happen when I brush my teeth either but...

The benefits to brushing are that any microscopic algae that may be clinging to the plaster will be scratched open to expose it to chlorine and kill it more efficiently, and it briefly improves water circulation. If you normally have good circulation and stay on top of your water chemistry and never let the FC drop below the recommended range you probably won't be courting disaster if you brush less frequently.

I am not sure I would recommend the XL version, just too big and hard to push. The nylon brush started falling apart on mine after 4-5 years, so I bought a mixed bristle brush and moved the tail over to it :D

I never brush, but i put to work the robot every other day ( at least ) when I am at the property, otherwise nobody is there to do it. The UV lamp keeps the water sterile and that is all that I need. Water is nice and clean even nobody is there to add chemicals. Still I have an automatic pH controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.