Hi guys! New User looking to get a job as a pool service tech. Really excited!

FX48

Sep 10, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi guys! I hope to accomplish a few things with my first post.

First of all, let me start off by saying how cool the website is. As someone with very little knowledge on the whole pool subject (in the process of reading pool school) I have to say that this forum is full of such useful information. The site is well organized from what I can tell and the users seem friendly. I'm very excited to be part of the forum as my job/career in pools advance. Thank you guys for being so great.

As I mentioned earlier, I have very little experience with pool chemistry and pool cleaning in general. I have a close friend that can get me an entry position with his company and get me a route, but I have no knowledge on the subject. He tells me to just hop on the job and that I can learn it as I work, but I really really like to do my homework on my job duties. I know its physical and I like that. I've trial ran pools with a tech before and I actually really like it. It's just that I didnt learn much from a single day. Does anyone know of any must have books for future pool techs to learn the ins and outs of pools? Something that can cover things from how to keep the pool chemistry in check to physically removing the debris from the pool, pump tasks and all that other stuff? I know pool school is there and I am giving it a thorough read, but I would like something more geared towards maintenance of multiple pools compared to just one. Would love any and all responses. Thank you guys for being such a great community. I hope to talk to some of you soon.

Welcome, we are primarily geared towards pool maintenance by pool owners for pool owners, although we do have a few pool professionals here as well. Overall it is our general opinion that effective pool maintenance must be done more than the industry common once per week on a manually dosed pool in order to maintain anything resembling a properly balanced pool.