Chlorine test Taylor k-2006

Help. I have been using my Taylor k-2006 kit for a couple months. The last couple times I tested, my chlorine test looked "bleached out." Here is what I did with this kit: I used a 10 ml sample. Step 1- add r-0870 powder...2 dippers. It says if the pink color disappears add r-0870. My original sample never turned pink at all, thus it could not "disappear." Do I still continue on adding drops of r-0870? I don't want to waste my drops. I assumed this meant I had no chlorine, but could it possibly be over 10 ppm thus causing it to bleach out? Help please!

Help. I have been using my Taylor k-2006 kit for a couple months. The last couple times I tested, my chlorine test looked "bleached out." Here is what I did with this kit: I used a 10 ml sample. Step 1- add r-0870 powder...2 dippers. It says if the pink color disappears add r-0870. My original sample never turned pink at all, thus it could not "disappear." Do I still continue on adding drops of r-0870? I don't want to waste my drops. I assumed this meant I had no chlorine, but could it possibly be over 10 ppm thus causing it to bleach out? Help please!
Just wanted to be sure there's no misunderstanding -- the r-0870 is the powder (not drops), and the K-2006 instructions suggest adding more powder, beyond the initial 2 scoops, if the pink color fades out.

As others said, if you never even saw a flash of pink as the powder hit the pool water sample, it's highly likely that your chlorine level is 0, so there's no point in putting in more scoops of the powder. For reference, I had chlorine levels around 20ppm recently, and a single heaped scoop of the powder produced a vivid pink color.

An OTO test kit (readily available, for not much money, at local hardware stores, pool stores, big box stores, etc.) is a useful thing to have on hand -- makes for a good sanity check on chlorine levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.