Above Ground Pool w/half deck....Need Cover!

Sep 10, 2014
Kansas City, MO
I have a 24 ft round above ground pool. We just built a deck around half the pool this summer and are now having a huge problem finding a winter cover for this. It's hard to imagine that I have the only above ground pool with half a deck....I am unable to find a cover. Anyone gone through this? Help!

Welcome to TFP!

It may depend on how you managed the point where the deck meets the pool. Some people leave a gap specifically for a cover. Can you post a picture of the area where the deck comes up to the side of the pool?

I just built a deck and put my deck boards about 2-3" below the top rails. I'm getting to old to pull a cover down from under the deck.

If I had that problem I would just anchor that part of the cover to the deck, on the decking, using tarp straps so it can stretch some. Something like how an inground cover. I would use the same anchors as an inground. Their called pop up anchors.
03b010e2347b197c551f5bbd579283ae.jpg

http://www.poolsupplies.com/product...er-parts/safety-cover-parts-wood-deck-anchors ?

Save the image to your computer so you can upload it with postimage.org or photobucket. I use postimgage since imageshack started charging.

I've had decking over top rail and now under and I much prefer under top rail as it was very easy putting the cover on. Can you zip around the rails and cut some of the decking off to get the cover past the decking and under the pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have similar issue, except my deck is concrete. I hope I left enough room to tuck cover between concrete and pool. Its gonna be close. If not my back up plan is to buy some of those fillable tubes for inground pool covers that you fill with water and use them to weight down the cover on top of the concrete.

My pool cover just came in at the pool dealer the other day. I havent even opened it yet to start looking at how im gonna do this

You could use the pop up anchors that they use for safety covers on inground pools if you don't have room to slip the cover between the concrete and the pool. You put the anchors in the concrete and then using a trap strap to attach the cover to the anchor.
Just a thought. ?

You could use the pop up anchors that they use for safety covers on inground pools if you don't have room to slip the cover between the concrete and the pool. You put the anchors in the concrete and then using a trap strap to attach the cover to the anchor.
Just a thought. ?

yeah, i have thought of those too. actually ive been kicking myself for not thinking about putting some tie downs in the concrete when it was curing... :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.