Question on new construction marcite pool start-up

geostv

Aug 3, 2008
I read the Pool School New Plaster pool startup instructions and am unable to find any of the mentioned sequestrant chemicals here in Central America.

My question
: Should I alter any of the instructions for initial startup of my new marcite pool given that I am unable to obtain the sequestrant agent? (I am assuming the process for Marcite and Plaster are the same) Thanks for any help, is hard to get good info down here.

per this forum, my test kit is the k2006.

George, welcome to TFP!!

Being unable to find sequestrant isn't a problem as long as you don't have metals in the fill water - if you have metals (iron or copper) in the fill water you could end up with stains on your new plaster (marcite) if you don't use the sequestrant :cry:

I truly hope that you have no metal in the fill water since you can't obtain the chem needed to sequester the metal - I'd hate to see you have a brand new stained pool :evil:

Perhaps one of the chem gurus can tell you how to 'homebrew' some :)

Congrats on the pool! and, again - welcome here!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.