Hi guys,

I have a swg and my levels are

Fc 3-4
Cc 0
Ph 8.0
Ta 60
Ch 50
Cya 70

I seem to always have a rising ph. It has been raining here a little more than usual but I was wondering how often it should be rising.? Should it stay locked in for weeks or does it just depend on many factors?

A SWG while generating is aerating the water and thus causing the pH to rise. That is normal. You have a low TA so the pH should not rise as quickly. Just add acid as needed to stay in the 7s. Some have to add every few days others can go weeks.

Ditto^^^^^^^
I have to add 1.75 quarts every Saturday when I do my full test.
I have a compupool SWG that has a clearish blue plastic case. And you can see all of the "bubbles" in the unit as the water runs thru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the OP, did you ever consider automating the pH maintenance ?

We use Simpool in all our family pools and all connect easily to existing Pentair (and any other) systems as long as you have a 220-240v power supply.

I'll be going to a 50ppm borates level in a few days for this very issue. I just can't keep up with the dreaded cycle: PH rise, salt cell builds up with calcium cause it got to 7.8-8 before I could catch it, then chlorine production goes down from the calcium build up on the cell, so I crank up the SWG to 100% to compensate for decreased chlorine production, run the pump longer and then supplement with liquid chlorine as well to keep up with the summer demand, then because the cell is at 100% it builds up with calcium faster, clean the cell and then the cycle starts all over again, ugh!. Hoping that while Borates won't decrease the amount of MA needed, it will decrease the frequency of needed applications and this is where I can get the PH rise more manageable for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.