Cloudy Water (HELP)

Jun 16, 2008
I am frustrated with what to do to get rid of the cloudiness in my pool. I have checked and adjusted all of the chemical levels, and they all test out fine - but still there is the cloudy water. The pool looks great until you get up close and can barely see the bottom through the cloudiness.

TF-100 Kit Results:
FC- 5
CC- 0
CYA - 75
pH - 7.3

I have backwashed my sand filter every day and can not seem to get rid of the haziness.....HELP

To continue with my previous post.....

I wanted to add that I had recently fought algae about 1.5 weeks ago and it cleared up after days of scrubing & shocking, but the cloudiness has not gone away. I have run the filter continuously for days, but it is still cloudy. I backwash the filter at least once per day, but the cloudiness does not improve. Is there anything I can do?

I recently went through the same problem. Get your chlorine way up. Brush the walls daily and quit backwashing so much. Keep your chlorine high (10+) and give your filter a week to clear the water. Mine cleared up in about 7 days and is now crystal clear. I also switched to using only bleach to chlorinate my pool. I did pop the top on my filter and stuck a garden hose in there until a bunch of junk flowed out of the top of the filter (as waterbear describes in several of his posts). Not sure if I needed to but it certainly didn't hurt.

I'd be inclined to go ahead and give it a dose of clarifier. Just get the cheap stuff from Walmart. It can make a dramatic difference if the pool is slow about clearing. As the other poster said, a little extra chlorine won't hurt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.