SLAM after toddler accident

Parm

Aug 31, 2014
Jensen Beach, FL
I currently have a pool service which I will be canceling at the end of the month. I received my TF-100 on Thursday and tested. Not sure how accurate it is but here were my results on Thursday (day before pool service):
FC 8.5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 70
CH 200
CYA 35ish I think

Overall I thought things looked pretty good. I Haven't tested until tonight after my 2 year old had an accident (a common problem these days).
Results:
FC 20
CC 1

Correct me if I'm wrong....So I confirmed why I want to take over the pool. CF levels are way to high for normal use. I assume because they dump way to much chlorine to get through the whole week without levels dropping to low.

My question is: my pool is already above SLAM levels, which should be 16, correct? Should I just keep the Chlorine at SLAM levels until tomorrow eve and then do an overnight loss test?

Thank you for any advice in advance. I'm so glad I stumbled across this forum. I will get more detailed in my signature when I have some extra time. for now 15 x 30 pool 6ft in deep end with 8ft half circle spa pouring into pool, DE filter, heat pump. Treasure coast, FL

With a CC of 1 I doubt you'll pass the OCLT but yes, you could give it a try. If your CYA is reading between 30 and 40, assume it's 40 and base your SLAM FC level on that, which you're doing correctly using 16 FC as your target for SLAM. Dose it to keep it at 16 as much as possible until you pass all 3 criteria.

#1 accidents aren't too bad. #2 accidents really aren't too bad either provided you know what happened and can... ahem... address the situation.

And welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reasonably common for that to be a testing error

It is usually because the end point of the test is not understood.

You count drops until the last drop you put in the sample makes absolutely no further color change....none. Then you subtract that drop from your total and that is the accurate end of the test..

The FC loss is a % based on your CYA level and sun exposure. Given that you are screened in, the FC is going to drop more slowly ... although you are seeing a very slow drop.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

What is your volume? How much chlorine did you add that resulted in the large overshoot? Nevermind, I read your post more closely ... yeah sounds like you have the typical FC roller coaster that pool companies use since they visit so rarely. Your water will be much nicer when you take over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.